POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1) : Re: Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (1/1)
From: Jeff Lee
Date: 29 Jun 2000 18:21:12
Message: <395bc95e.225357@news.povray.org>
"Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote:

> 1) What do you do essentially to make an anaglyph and

Basically, I just rendered it twice, with the cameras about 2.5 "inches"
apart (average eye spacing).  Then I wrote a quick program to pull the
red channel out of the left eye's image, and combine it with the green
and blue channels of the right eye's image.

> 2) what type of lighting - lightsources - did you use? I have been
> struggling for some time with that in particular, and I don't seem to be
> able to get a natural looking type of light...

Just area lights (area spotlights, where possible), with light fading (I
find that fade_power 2 seems to give me the kinds of results I'm looking
for).  This is the code I used for one of the spotlights in the ceiling:

  light_source { <0,330,-140> colour rgb CeilingLights
    spotlight  point_at <0,188,0>  radius 15  falloff 30  tightness 0.5
    fade_distance 200  fade_power 2
    #if (SlowLights)  area_light x*5, z*5, 2, 2 jitter  #end
  }

--
Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet        http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/

  "The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality
  is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."